9 months!




Isla I can not believe you are already 9 months old! That is how long you were in my belly and the time you have been out has gone by so much faster! Why do things work that way?! You are so much fun to be around. You are constantly smiling, making noises, laughing. Some funny things you are currently doing are: when you are taking your bottle you cross your fingers... you think that is pretty cool. Great Grandma told me your Nanna Rachel was the only other baby she has ever seen do that, so you must take after her (lucky girl!) You still love your tongue and it is always sticking out (but curled around your upper lip) You are probably the only person I know that still is stinkin cute with your tongue sticking out! You can now say "DADA" and have been able to for awhile. But FINALLY you can say "MUM" and you usually yell it whenever I leave the room, or if I am in the other room, or if I hand you over to dad, but you never say it to my face. Not sure if you know what it means, but I'm taking it! You still love peaches and have learned to like bananas, but we still mostly just give you your vegetable baby food. Showing you new things is my favorite. For example today we took you through the car wash for the first time and you were very unsure. I swear you blinked once the entire time we were going through it. You also gripped your blanket really tight. I loved seeing your curious, unsure face. You have been sick for like a month now with a cold and i'm ready for that to go away. But you are still such a good baby even when you are sick. Still no teeth, no crawling... you are still my baby! Dad sometimes tries to teach you to crawl by helping you put your knees underneath you, but you really don't like it. There is no rush, so don't worry about it! :) But you can muscle your way up to a standing position while holding mammas fingers.We had to say goodbye to Uncle McKay this week as he left into the MTC. You are going to be so big when he gets home and that is just crazy to think about. Isla I love you more then you will ever know. I pray multiple times daily for you. I hope that I can teach you to become an elect lady of the lord. To me that says it all. I am so thankful that we get to be together forever as a family.  Isla I know I will fail you sometimes, but you must always know how much I love you and that I will be trying to do my absolute best for you because you deserve nothing less. Being a mom is the best thing I have ever done in my life. Isla you are my life and I wouldn't have it any other way! 












Comments

Emily said…
Oh my gosh, I'm in love with all the pictures, but head over heels for the last one. She is way to cute. What a beauty. I can't believe she is already nine months blows my mind.
Mindy said…
She's so pretty!! Hey, I am wondering if you could take some pictures of my Brad for me this month and I'm wondering how much that would cost me. I sent you a message on Facebook. If you could let me know either way that would be great!! Thanks!!
Kayla said…
she is such a beauty Aly!! I can't believe you are a mom! it's crazy how everyone is growing up, getting married and having babies! so exciting!

Popular Posts